Multiple Systems benefits
- Back test, optimize and deploy multiple trading systems
- See the effect of backtesting multiple trading systems on your account balance and equity curve
- Set individual money management and position sizing rules per system
- Cut and paste one trading system from one account to another
Try Seer now!
Why not try Seer now? Or if you are ready to leverage all of the unique features and benefits this unique platform has to offer signup for a Live account.Download
Backtesting and Optimizing Multiple Trading SystemsH ave you ever wanted to see the effect of backtesting multiple trading systems on your account balance and equity curve?
Seer makes it easy for you to backtest, optimize and deploy multiple trading systems operating from within the same account. Each trading system can be operating at different time frames, against a different portfolio of symbols across asset types with each trading system using it's own money management and position sizing rules.
Seer will backtest and optimize multiple systems in a single pass ensuring you have the most realistic trading results possible. You can also mix and match trading systems that use the same underlying instruments, even if one trading system goes short and the other long at the same time.
Using multiple trading systems within Seer is very simple. You just cut and paste one trading system from one account to another!
Deploying Multiple Trading Systems can reduce your Risk
Every trading system has it's own individual performance profile. By deploying several trading systems together you can reduce your risk and smooth out your equity curve. Using Seer you can combine as many systems as you like enabling you to see the effect on your account balance and ultimately your trading success.
To reduce your overall account risk each trading system added to your account should produce results that are lowly correlated. For example if you combine a system that performs well in a choppy market, with a system that performs well in a trending market you should expect to lower your overall risk and perhaps even improve your account performance. As a guide you should aim to:
- Mix trading systems styles. Most trading systems falls into one of three general categories, oscillator, trend and momentum based. You should use a balanced mixture of these styles.
- Mix asset types or use a well balanced portfolio of symbols. Mixing a system that trades highly volatile instruments should be balanced with a trading system, which trades less volatile instruments.
- Mix systems with different money management styles.
Breaking down results by Account, Trading System or Symbol
To help you evaluate the results produced by an account trading with multiple systems, Seer will allow you to view results by trading system or symbol.
When looking at the account as a whole, Seer will show the results with the contribution made by each trading system in the account.
Example of account with four Trading Systems
Contribution by System
Contribution by Symbol
Multiple Trading Systems
Backtest, optimize and deploy multiple trading systems from the same account